Monday 2 December 2013

Chrismas Cupcake Inspiration.

This year I'm really looking forward to making some proper Christmas cupcakes with proper icing! I think homemade gifts are the most personal and have the most thought and care put into them. It's easy to go around a shop and pick up presents that you think people might like but when presents are handmade, you can't help loving them (I hope). I wish I could make all of my presents but time is always an issue at such a busy time of the year so I'm hoping to make cupcakes for a few of my friends.

I'm absolutely in love with the idea of Christmas pudding cupcakes, mainly because it's so easy to create the dome shape just like a real Christmas pudding! I think these ones are so simply yet effective and I'd probably use a chocolate cupcake inside.
I also adore these bauble cupcakes. Again, a lovely domed cupcake makes these the perfect shape. I would use a lace embossing mat, some lustre spray and then finish with the hanger (and maybe even a piece of festive thread for authenticity). There are also so many designs and colours you could put on these, the possibilities are almost endless.
If you're not a fan of the modern colours and symbols of Christmas, I'm sure you'll love these snowy blue and white cupcakes. They're so much more sophisticated - perhaps suitable for a more mature friend or family members but nonetheless festive. I particularly love the one in the centre.
Similarly, the lady whose cupcakes courses I go on (Mrs Mac) made these absolutely exquisite Christmas cupcakes. I'm so sad that I can't go to the course to make these ones but I would highly highly recommend her.
And finally, after an overdose of fondant icing, there's The Hummingbird Bakery's festive cupcakes for this year which they have been posting on twitter repeatedly since the start of November which I think has lead to an obsession. I love the signature buttercream swirl on top and I just can't get over how effective they look with such a small amount of effort. I particularly love the gingerbread man with the read crumbs around the edge, I assume this signifies a red velvet cupcake. Yum!

23 DAYS TO GO! Cakesfordorothy xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly