Friday, 24 May 2013

World Baking Day 2013 - Coffee Cake.

Sorry this is a little late, I had 7 fairly demanding exams this week and so if I wasn't sleeping or eating then I was revising. This meant that I didn't find time on Sunday to participate in World Baking Day (boohoo) but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making my coffee cake as I was really looking forward to baking something new. Therefore, I baked it today instead! 
I used Jennie Brotherston's (all the things I eat)'s level 58 recipe from the World Baking Day website. It wasn't particularly difficult and I wasn't expecting it to be but it was one of the few recipes that appealed to me and that I had the ingredients to bake it with. 
Firstly I baked the cake as directed. There was so much mixture and the cake turned out quite thick so you may wish to half the ingredients.
I then cut the cake into two halves and sandwiched them together with coffee buttercream (that contained a dash of rum flavouring which I found to be very subtle but bought out the coffee flavour very nicely). I used the remaining buttercream to cover the top of the cake too.
Finally, I sprinkled some cocoa powder over the top to finish it off. Et voilĂ !
Overall, I'm really happy with how the cake turned out. The ratio of buttercream to cake is perfect and the cake itself was light and fluffy.
Enjoy!
Cakesfordorothy xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly