Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Cupcakes.

As mentioned in a post earlier this month, I wanted to make cupcakes as presents for my friends this year and that is exactly what I did...
You may notice some that my inspiration came from the cakes I found featured in that post but I tried to put my own spin on them all. 
  1. At the top is a cupcake with light blue icing and white snowflakes with a pearl in the centre of each. I used the cutter featured in day 's post. 
  2. The Christmas pudding cupcake actually has chocolate flavoured icing on top. I wasn't aware of this when I bought it but my friend seems to approve of it. I then added a splodge of white icing, two holly leaves and three berries.
  3. In the bottom right corner is a more simple cupcake, red icing with white 'ribbon' and a red bow. I felt it was a little too bare so I added a 'gift tag' in light blue icing and dark blue edible pen and a little bit of holly to finish.
  4. This is probably my favourite cupcake; embossed red icing with a generous amount of lustre spray. I didn't intend for it to look like this but the spray came out uncontrollably and hence I smothered it all over. However, I think it gives a nice shiny bauble-effect to it. 
  5. The Rudolph is a little childish but just as intricate as the rest. Again, the brown chocolate flavoured icing with a bright red nose, brown ears (with a little white in the centre to add dimension) and a pair of eyes made of black writing icing with white in the centre. They eyes drooped (more like ran) by themselves but I still think they look just as good. I added cocktail sticks for antlers and a few markings for a mouth. 
  6. Finally, the improvised cupcake. A bright green fondant base with two red and white candy canes joined by a bow. I was just messing around when I made the first candy cane - make two thin sausages with the red and white icing then twist together - but I thought it looked quite realistic so I made another and put them on the cake!
12 DAYS TO GO! Cakesfordorothy xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly