Saturday 19 January 2013

Chocolate Chunk/Chip Cookies.

Follow me on bloglovin' and hello cotton to find out when I post new recipes!
These just so happen to be the first thing I ever baked by myself, it was Halloween and I was only 9. I felt so bad that we'd forgotten to buy anything for trick or treaters and so I made these (we didn't get any trick or treaters in the end, but more for me!). My point is, these are so quick and easy to make that even an inexperienced 9 year old can make them. They're ready to eat in around 20-30 minutes so are perfect if you just fancy a snack or have friends coming round and need to bake something last minute. I actually made these as a present for a friend's birthday and I'm sure she'll enjoy them! This recipe should make 10-16, depending on how large you make them.

Ingredients:

115g/4oz butter
75g/3oz soft light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
150g/5oz self-raising flour
75g/3oz chocolate

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat butter until soft.
3. Add sugar and beat in.
4. Add egg yolk and beat in.
5. Add self-raising flour and beat in.
6. Stir in chocolate (I use broken up chunks as I'm sort of against chocolate chips, try experimenting with different types of chocolate).
7. Scoop up a ping-pong ball sized amount in your hand and put onto the baking try. Flatten them out and shape them if you wish. Be aware that they do expand a fair amount in the oven so remember to space them out.
8. Bake for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool and harden on a cooling rack.

It really is that easy! These can be eaten warm straight out of the oven or cool, try them with ice cream or chocolate sauce. An alternative would be to put chunks of ginger in too, as the original recipe suggests, or replace the chocolate with raisins for a healthy option.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly