Sunday 2 December 2012

Birthday hockey pitch cake.

Follow me on bloglovin' and hello cotton to find out when I post new recipes!
For my friend's birthday on Wednesday I made a hockey pitch themed birthday cake. It was so simple to make but it looked really cute and the colours were really vibrant.  Here's what it looked like:

Method:


  1. To start off,  make a chocolate cake using the recipe in my standard sponge cake post. Bake it in a spring roll tin (the cake type) in order to create the rectangle shape of the hockey pitch. 
  2. Once baked and cooled, cut in half width-ways.. 
  3. Make chocolate butter cream (see previous post for recipe) and sandwich together. 
  4. Cover in vanilla butter cream (100g of butter, 100g of icing sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and green food colouring) 
  5. To create the hockey pitch, make some icing of a thick consistency. Put into a piping bag and draw on pitch markings. 
  6. OPTIONAL Add some red food colouring to this and draw on the desired number (it's the number on the back of her hockey shirt, not her age) and cover in sprinkles. 
  7. Used leftover chocolate butter cream to create hockey sticks and leftover red food colouring to draw balls.
  8. To finish off, I use black writing icing also to write a birthday message!

I hope this inspires you. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly