Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Cow Cupake.

A friend of mine had her birthday recently. Usually, I like to make my friends a big cake with a theme based on something about them (see previous ones herehere and here) but this time I didn't have enough icing to cover a whole cake. Instead I made her an individual cupcake in a cute cake box.

I was inspired by this cupcake but was quite surprised how much they charged for it! I am soon starting my own cake business, Emma's Cakes, and I simply couldn't justify asking someone to pay that much for a single cupcake which didn't take too long to make. Perhaps someone could explain this to me?
Anyway, I started off by putting a dollop on vanilla buttercream on a freshly baked cupcake followed by a thick, round piece of white icing. I didn't have any pink icing left so had to combine white and a little red but I think it turned out fine in the end. I then added the nostrils, mouth, eyes, eyes, horns and patches as can be seen in the picture below.
In the end I was fairly happy with how the cupcake turned out and my friend very much enjoyed it so that's the main thing!

Enjoy!
Cakesfordorothy xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly